GPT-4 is the most recent version and an upgrade of the GPT-3.5 model that powers the free version of ChatGPT.
What is GPT-4?
GPT-4 is a large multimodal model created by OpenAI and released on March 14, 2023. Multimodal models can encompass more than just text, which means GPT 4 can take text and images as input and generate text output.
- Longer Context: GPT-4 can handle input and output of up to 25000 words of text, over 8x the 3000 words that ChatGPT could handle with GPT 3.5.
- Visual Input: GPT-4 can be given images and it will process them to find relevant information.
- Safer: GPT-4 can reportedly produce 40% more factual responses in OpenAI’s own internal testing, while also being 82% less likely to “respond to requests for disallowed content.”
- Multilingual: GPT-4 can now understand and generate text in more languages with better accuracy, making it more versatile and useful for a wider range of applications across the globe.
What Does GPT-4 Stand For?
GPT-4 stands for Generative Pre-trained Transformer 4. It is the fourth in its numbered “GPT-n” series of GPT foundation models.
Where can I access GPT-4?
How to access GPT-4 Free?
Microsoft has confirmed that Bing Chat is powered by GPT-4 and that you can now access it for free at bing.com/chat.
Is there a GPT-4 API available?
Yes, GPT-4 is available as an API for developers to build applications and services.
What is the difference between GPT-4 and GPT-3.5?
- GPT-4 can process images
- GPT-4 can process a lot more information at a time
- GPT-4 has an improved accuracy
- GPT-4 is harder to trick
- GPT-4 is also more expensive to use than GPT-3.5